Do you love dogs and cats? Do you love being outdoors? Are you looking for part time work or to supplement your income? Are able to work from 11am-4pm -with flexibility for evenings or weekends? If so, joining the team at The Kearny Dog Walker might be a great fit for you!
Dog Walkers' Responsibilities:
- Walk dogs of all sizes and temperaments
- Communicate with clients after visits
- Meet with new clients and their pets for initial consultations
- Appropriate pet clean-up as required
- Take pictures of the dogs to share with clients/social media/website
Dog Walkers' Requirements:
- Must love dogs and cats
- Live in Kearny, Harrison, Newark or the surrounding area
- Reliable car
- Must have a smartphone with unlimited date plan and portable charger
- Must be in shape and comfortable on your feet - a walker can walk 5 miles plus in a day
- Must be responsible, reliable, and dependable
- Must be timely and punctual
- Must be able to self-manage and work independently
- Must be willing to work in the varying weather conditions
- Must be able to commit to at least a year of working with us
- Must pass a criminal background check
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the bonding that occurs between animals and their caregivers, this is a long-term position.
If you meet the requirements and would like to join our team, please email us your answers to the following questions:
1-What is your full name, age, and cell phone number?
2- What are your experiences with dogs?
3- Are you familiar with any dog training techniques? If so, please describe one and a situation where you have used it.
4- Do you have a dog? If so, which breed and how long have you owned him or her?
5- Why do you want to be a dog walker?
6- Where do you live and how will you get to work?
7- Where have you worked and what were your dates of employment? Can you provide references from your previous employers?
8- Do you have another job? How will you pay your bills with part-time work?
9- Do you have any vacations planned in the next three months?
10- Do you have a public social media account? If so, what is the link?
11- What is your biggest work-related failure? What would you do differently to fix it?
Job Type: Part-time
- dog ownership: 1 year
- Kearny, NJ
• Post ID: 53178142 northjersey