IT Project Manager II
Reply: click here
The IT Project Manager II participates in and may organize and control the activities of the project team, assigning personnel to the various aspects of the project and directing their activities. This role assists in the management of all phases of the project development life cycle, including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation. The IT Project Manager II participates in and may coordinate project related activities with other Information Technology groups or external vendors. The person filling this role will also act as a Program Manager working with the application development areas, specifically in tracking the progress of strategic programs and projects. This includes ensuring best practices are followed throughout the SDLC.
Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Track strategic programs and projects on a weekly basis.
- Work with senior management from the Information Technology and Business areas.
- Create Project Portfolio Reporting and metrics to track Project and SDLC related Key Performance Indicators.
- Contribute continuous improvement of PMO standards and principles.
- Measure and monitor progress on SDLC delivery milestones for continuous improvement.
- Measure and monitor progress on Project Management Methodology for continuous improvement.
- Assist in developing and reporting on process metrics around IT organizational performance, organizational adoption and capability.
- Developing and producing SDLC metrics and analysis presentations for IT executives.
- Participates in and may organize and control the activities of the project team, assigning personnel to the various aspects of the project and directing their activities.
- Assists in the management of all phases of the project development life cycle, including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
- Participates in and may coordinate project related activities with other Information Technology groups or external vendors.
- Responsible for project planning, scheduling, status reporting and project budgets.
- Working on moderately complex projects, is responsible for tracking key project milestones, escalating issues, and adjusting project plans to accurately reflect the project’s progress.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources associated with the project.
- Responsible for implementing projects consistent with Information Technology plans and installation standards.
- Participates in the establishment of project management methodologies, policies, procedures and best practices for the organization.
- Works effectively in a matrixed organization to gain commitment and achieve desired results with resources reporting to other IT managers.
- Administration and implementation of new functionality and upgrades to Clarity and SharePoint.
This position will supervise up to three positions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Requires a thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
· Must be proficient in the use of project management tools, techniques, and practices.
· Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with clients and IT management and staff.
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
· Prior managerial experience.
· Project Management certification.
· Minimum of 3 years relevant IT work experience in a project management related discipline.
· Minimum of 5 years broad IT experience.
Minimum travel is required.
Avis Budget Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
• Post ID: 13326922 northjersey