Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Prestige Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
We are in search of a highly talented and motivated Director of Sales to join Prestige Hospitality Group and be responsible for the successful sales effort needed for the opening of our new hotel. You must be proficient at managing the ongoing sales strategy of the hotel. This role will be critical in creating and maintain a positive proactive and reactive sales culture in the hotel.
This position will actively solicit business with a focus on corporate and association business. Strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills required for this leadership role. Also responsible to inspire and mentor all hotel associates to on this approach
- Find creative and effective ways to bring in new business within group and business transient market segments. Cultivate and source leads through cold calls, telemarketing, direct sales and networking.
- Direct the solicitation efforts of room sales through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
- Administers group events including greeting all groups and individual tours, placing welcome baskets in group contacts' room and taking care of any final items with the group at check out.
- Coordinates rooming list input and group billing.
- Review and utilize Marriott International group sales tools. Actively participate in and monitor hotel RFP efforts.
- Setting and delivering sales strategy and results through effective Annual and Quarterly Marketing plans. This entails analyzing market, customer and competitive information and building sales strategy and objectives to maximize our revenue. This also includes building forecasts for the specific strategy/objectives and measuring the results against the forecasts.
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Conduct an average of two outside sales calls per week with qualified potential customers.
- Responsible for representation within the business community and hospitality industry that expose the hotel to opportunities and create a positive public image. Participate in key organizations as recommended by management and Vice President of Sales.
- Inputting and retrieving information from hotel sales software system for file maintenance, correspondence and preparation of forecasts and marketing budget.
- Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations for prospective clients. Internally promote hotels programs. Meet with and entertain clients, some of which may require travel.
- Research Trade Show and Sales Blitz opportunities to maximize facility exposure. Cost analysis necessary.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here for more info: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=170017S2&lang=en
• Post ID: 53511752 northjersey